Engineers Reports

Some building owners may believe that that they have engaged earthquake engineers to assess their building who have produced reports that may have contained misleading or incorrect information or assessments, or may otherwise have been inadequate. One remedy available to owners is to make a complaint to the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ). The complaints process is set out on their website

There may also be other avenues for redress. EBSS may be able to direct you to people who can advise you.